Introduction to my blog

I am in an AP english class and have found out that reaching out to helping others prepare for the AP test will benefit many.
I hope you take this blog in serious consideration if you are preparing for the AP english Language and composition. If you have any questions please comment and I will be sure to get back to you.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Literature Analysis :" Like Water for Chocolate"

1. In the story The main character who is Tita De la Garza is the youngest daughter of a family living in Mexico. Being the youngest daughter is of tradition in the family she can not marry because she is to take care of mama Elena. Tita however falls in love with Pedro and throughout the story she struggles to gain her independence and conquer her beloved Pedro.

2. The theme of the novel is that through struggles and hardships you learn the true meaning of oneself's character.

3.The author's tone is that of tenderness.
"Senorita Tita,I would like to take advantage of the opportunity to to be alone with you to tell you that I am deeply in love with you."
"Nacha and Tita wept until there were no more tears in Tita's eyes. Then she cried without tear, which is said to hurt even more, like dry labor."
"Tita stood as if in a trance, staring at the whitness of the sheets; only for a few seconds, but long enough to cause a sort of blindness. Wherever she looked she saw the color whit. When she looked at Rosaura, who was writing out some invitations, she saw only a snowy ghost. But she showed nothing and no one noticed her condition."

4.The literary techniques that strengthened my understanding of the story was metaphors, tone, diction,symbols, and syntax.
"I am sure I will be, since through this marriage I have gained what I really wanted: the chance to be near you the woman I really love"
"Tita clasped the roses to her chest so tightly that when she got to the kitchen, the roses which had been mostly pink, had turned quite red form the blood was flowing from tita's hand and breasts."
"Mama Elena was merciless, killing with a single blow."

3 comments:

  1. Based on your idea of the theme, what do you think the main character found out about herself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the main character realized that she wasn't going to let an old tradition take something that belonged to her which was her love. As well as experiencing what she would nver get the opportunity to do if she didn't take a stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you have a sister as well, would you ever "take" your sisters husband like she did? I mean he is your true love and all and you both deeply care about each other, but is it worth a betrayal?

    ReplyDelete