Introduction to my blog

I am in an AP english class and have found out that reaching out to helping others prepare for the AP test will benefit many.
I hope you take this blog in serious consideration if you are preparing for the AP english Language and composition. If you have any questions please comment and I will be sure to get back to you.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tools That Change the Way We Think

Answer this not-so-simple question: How does extensive Internet/media/technology use change the way you think? Focus on your memory, your ability to concentrate, your sense of time and priorities, and the subjects/topics that interest you most. If you find "thinking about your thinking" difficult to assess, try the following strategies: compare yourself with older people who did most of their formal learning before smart phones and 2.0 existed; compare yourself with contemporaries who don't use those tools much today; read up on what education leaders and thinkers have to say about generational differences in thinking (and remember to cite your sources).


The extensive use of interet/media/technology can be a positive effect or a negative effect depending on the way you use technology etc. Having such toys like the cell phone or the internet connection helps us facilitate communicate to one another.We can be on the whole opposite side of the world and still know what is happening on the other side. These things are positve outcomes that can help prevent accidents or just that plain inform us of politics and such things.The use of technology has helped me improve and learn many knew things that would have probably taken me months to find out without the use of the internet. As well as being able to reach out to my family members who live outside the country and can't have the pleasure of seeing them. Knowing what is happening in the world is important because it keeps us up to date and since we live in a community in which we always want to be informed an up to date. However, such use has caused students and others to become lazier in doing their schoolwork or instead of meetimg someone face to face the choose such things as facebook, their cell phone or an email. Yes, it can be ok to communicate in such ways but what valuable skills are we loosing? Are we creating less socially active students who's world revolves around technology? What harm are we causing students in instituting the use of tecnology all the time? Are students being spoon feed into facilitating their lifestyles by the use of technology? I find it difficult to balance my use of technology im always on my fone and I've noticed that my grades have been affected byy my use of the fone. As well as the communication that I have with my family because I spend less and less time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment