Introduction to my blog

I am in an AP english class and have found out that reaching out to helping others prepare for the AP test will benefit many.
I hope you take this blog in serious consideration if you are preparing for the AP english Language and composition. If you have any questions please comment and I will be sure to get back to you.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The House on Mango Street

1."The House on Mango Street" is about a young mexican girl with the name Esperanza who struggles in her neighborhood trying to become something more of her life. She dislikes her old broken down house and sees it only as temporary and that some day she will move out to a nice big fancy house.
2.The theme of the novel is self definition of the characters.
3.The author's tone is that of hope and wonder.
"I knew then I had to have a house.A real house. One I could point to."
"In English my name means hope. In Spanish it means too many letters. It means sadness, it means waiting."
"Until then I am a red balloon, a balloon tied to an anchor."
4.Five techniques used in the novel was symbols,metaporhs,simile,climax and denoument.
"No, this isn’t my house I say and shake my head as if shaking could undo the year I’ve lived here. I don’t belong. I don’t ever want to come from here."
"Sally, you lied, you lied. He wouldn’t let me go. He said I love you, I love you, Spanish girl."
"No, this isn’t my house I say and shake my head as if shaking could undo the year I’ve lived here. I don’t belong. I don’t ever want to come from here"
"In English my name means hope. In Spanish it means too many letters. It means sadness, it means waiting."

No comments:

Post a Comment